Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving

Otherwise known as the best D___ food day ever! Just thinking about it makes me drool. The turkey with dressing (hooly-mooly), Valerie's infamous mashed potatoes (infamous because they make you have naughty thoughts which include a nine iron, a water buffalo, and a tub full of mashed potatoes), and my mom's chocolate pie. Anyway, I better stop or before I know it I will be swimming in my own saliva. I guess there are other reasons to love Thanksgiving, but I can't think of any. Just kidding. Seriously, there is a lot to be thankful for this year. I thank God for Valerie and little Gracie. I am also thankful for the family and friends that I am blessed to have (some more than others and you know who you are). Last but not least, I am thankful for God. I know you are thinking "Oh, there goes Jeff getting on his self righteous high horse, peering down at all the puny Christians," but that is not what is going on. I am really sincere. The last year has been a good one, and it is all due to Him. I have grown to know Him in a deeper way and in turn I am discovering who I am.

This is definitely my favorite time of year.

Thanks for everything,
Jeffery Steven Davis

9 comments:

Valerie said...

We are so thankful for you too! (I can speak for Gracie cause we are pretty close.) I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful husband , best friend and spiritual leader. Every year gets better and better and I know the best is yet to come! You are going to be the most amazing Daddy to this little "punk". I can't wait to see just how long it takes her to get you wrapped around her little finger. Thank you for never giving up when the times get tough and always striving to improve our life and our future. We love you!!

michelle said...

You're right. I do know who I am and you're welcome.

auntkasey said...

I assume that I am on the 'some more' side of the some more than others quote...

Gigi and Peeps said...

What? I don't make any good food?

Just kiddin, I know you love me! I feel the same way, so thankful that it just over flows. God's blessings continue to overwhelm me. I know I don't say it as often as I should, but we are thankful for you too!!

Jeff Davis said...

Anita,
Not with that oven you don't!!

Michelle,
You're a dirty moniger!!

Kasey,
Don't get your hopes up!!

Gracie,
You are a punk!!

michelle said...

Nicely done, sir.

Gigi and Peeps said...

Hey mr blogger, december is almost over and I have seen no post this month. i'm just saying.....

Valerie said...

You have so many new things to blog about these days, yet I never see anything new!

michelle said...

Why don't you just get rid of this thing?